Hello Everyone , Its time to try a new recipe and today I am sharing my recipe of Shalgam Gosht – Mutton Turnip Curry. You don’t have to use meat, you can also use chicken instead or no meat at all.Turnips are rich in fiber and also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, phosphorus, protein and a long list of vitamins.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Mutton 1 lbs (1/2 KG) (pre-boiled)
- Onion 1 Medium (chopped)
- Turnips 5-6 Mashed & Boiled
- Tomatoes 2 (Organic)
- Ginger/Garlic Paste 1 TBSP
- Sunflower Oil 1 Cup
- Green Chillies 2-3
- Cilantro For Garnish
- Red Pepper per taste or 1 Tbsp
- Himalayan Salt per taste or 1 Tbsp
- Cumin Powder 1 Tbsp
- Coriander Powder 1 Tbsp
- Turmeric 1 TSP
- Black Pepper Sprinkle for Garnish
- Heat oil in pan
- Add onions fry for 5-10 min light brown
- Add ginger/garlic paste
- ( sprinkle water whenever needed )
- Add meat
- Fry meat for 5-10 min
- Add tomatoes
- Add spices
- Fry on medium heat until tomatoes dissolve
- Add Boiled & Mashed Turnips
- Cover pot and leave on low heat for 10-15 min or until water dries out.
- Garnish with Cilantro and Black Pepper
- Enjoy with fresh roti or rice.
Watch The Video Below
Thanks for reading you guys !
All images © 2014-2019 Naila K
Leave a Reply