Hello Hello Everyone ! Hope everyone is having a good week , here is a yummy and nutritious recipe for you ! Black Garbanzo Beans /Chickpeas /Kalay Chanay have tremendous list of benefits. They are high in dietary fiber and low in fat, high in potassium and protein which makes them a great source of strength and energy for you. A delicious recipe makes it easy to add it to your diet.
Enjoy and don’t forget to like and subscribe to my channel on youtube.
Watch the video below.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Onion 1 large (sliced in big or small pieces doesn’t matter)
- Ginger/Garlic Paste 1 TBSP
- Chanay/Chickpeas 1 cup ( pre-soaked overnight 7-8 hours at least)
- Water 5 cups
- Sunflower Oil 1 cup
- Tomatoes 2-3 Sliced
- Green Pepper 5-6 Chopped
- Cilantro For Garnish
- Red Pepper 1 TBSP or per taste
- Himalayan Salt 1-1/2 TBSP or per taste
- Turmeric 1 TSP
- Cumin Powder 1 TSP
- Coriander Powder 1 TSP
- Add water to pot
- Add Chickpeas/Chanay
- Add Salt ( you may add a bit of red pepper and turmeric at this point or later)
- Add Onions
- Bring to boil
- Let it cook on medium heat for 50-60 min
- Check if chickpeas are soft
- If so , turn heat high and dry off rest of the water
- Once water is almost dried up..
- Add Oil
- Add all the spices at this point and check for salt as well ( add more if needed)
- Add tomatoes
- Add green peppers
- Stir until tomatoes dissolve
- Leave on medium heat to let tomatoes dissolve
- Once tomatoes have dissolved , and oil comes up
- Add water for gravy ( as much as you like your gravy )
- Garnish with Cilantro
- Enjoy with fresh rice or flat bread (roti) and salad.
Thanks for reading you guys !
All images © 2014-2018 Naila K