Hey everyone! Today I bring you a very delicious recipe of canned tuna. This is a great way to add fish to your diet while also enjoying a great taste. Fish is important since its high in protein and provides essential nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D , which your body definitely needs to function properly. All food available at the grocery store is not healthy , you have to make sure what you are buying is healthy. Depending on where the fish is coming from farm/ocean it can definitely make an impact on your health so its important to choose wisely. We have to make sure no GMO’s are involved and fish is low in mercury and coming from ocean instead of farms , therefore I recommend and used Wild Planet Skipjack Wild Tuna (Light Tuna).
Wild Planet Skipjack Wild Tuna is pole and line caught which means its highly selective and other marine animals stay unharmed while each fish is caught individually by fishermen. You may click on the link if you wish to know more or would like to purchase. I hope you enjoy the recipe below and don’t forget to watch the video below.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Onion 1 small (chopped or grind)
- Tuna 1 can
- Ginger/Garlic Paste 1 TBSP
- Sunflower Oil 4 TBSP
- Cilantro For Garnish
- Red Pepper 1/2 TBSP or per taste or
- Himalayan Salt per taste
- Cumin Powder 1/2 TSP
- Coriander Powder 1/2 TSP
- Turmeric 1/2 TSP
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 TSP
- Ajwain ( Carom Seeds) 1/2 TSP
- Black Pepper Sprinkle for Garnish
- Heat oil in pan
- Add onions fry for 5-10 min lightly brown
- Add ginger/garlic paste (Mix well )
- ( sprinkle water anytime if needed )
- Add all the spices except black pepper and mix well
- Drain water from tuna Can
- Add tuna
- Slowly separate the pieces of tuna careful not to mash them too much.
- Cook for 5-10 min
- Sprinkle black pepper over the fish
- Garnish with Cilantro
- Enjoy with fresh roti flat bread or use inside a Bolillo/french bread.
Thanks for reading you guys !
All images © 2014-2018 Naila K
1,247 total views, 2 views today